Saturday, September 12, 2015

Introduction

Hello!

I've never written a blog introduction post; I've never explained who I am and what the purpose of a blog will be, so please bear with me.

I'm Claudia, I'm nineteen, and I'm Peruvian. I wish there were more detailed instructions to this assignment so I could appease and make you believe that I'm actually interesting. I moved to Vancouver eight years ago; I'm your friendly neighbourhood immigrant. I've hated winter since 2007 so you will always see me with an extra hot drink around October, and until March. I'm a sucker for Latin music: if you want to do Zumba or go to Latinx Night clubs, hit me up.

Before moving here, I found "Historia del Peru" fascinating. I wanted to learn as much as I could, but sadly I came here, and Peruvian History wasn't a class anymore. This is where this course comes in. Although this isn't solely focused in Peruvian history, it's still a very intriguing curriculum. I am interested in learning how similar my country's culture is compared to other places in Latin America. I want to share my and my family's experiences in the class and start discussions. Religion, ways of life, the social construct, and political revolutions are the topics I'm most excited to discuss.

I hope you learnt a little bit about me, and I hope I will learn about you too!
Claudia.

No comments:

Post a Comment